Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Final Day of Training


Today was our final day of training. We've been fortunate for the most part, as we have not had any rain during the day while we were training. This morning, we started the day off early with land navigation and convoy ops. Overall, this was pretty good training. I was fortunate to have some Fleet Marine Force (FMF) Corpsmen in my party that were experts at land navigation through the woods. We scored a 100 percent and were one of the first groups back. Convoy ops was fun. We had 5 vehicles in our convoy as we fought off IED's and "bad guys". While we still have weapons cleaning and administrative work to complete, we have completed this stage of training.

1 comment:

  1. Just ran across your blog...and I want to personally thank you for your service to our country. I think I'll follow along for awhile.

    www.riverwildlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete